Re: Thought son the sale

If anyone is listening to or watching the press conference, please pass
along what is said. I tried to listen on the Net, but had no luck.

Some very premature thoughts...

Like probably everyone, I immediately wondered if Bird could be involved.
Unfortunately, it would be completely out of character for LB to abandon the
effort in Charlotte (trying to bring an expansion team there) when he
obviously is needed to make that effort work. I can't see him leaving his
partners in that effort out to dry. Now, if that falls through between now
and the next offseason, who knows?

It seems likely that nothing will change this season. You have to think
they'll want to observe the operation before making any changes. I expect
they'll evaluate Wallace, Obie and the rest over the next 10 months.
But if these guys are good businessmen -- and Celtics fans like they say -- they have to be willing to address the PG situation either by bringing in someone like Greg Anthony, Mark Jax or allowing Wallace to make a trade (although I'm not sure what's left out there -- San Antnoio and Portland both have a glut of PGs)

They have to know that not having a PG threatens the success of this team -- and their investment over the next 4 years.

oh please,
mark