RE: Thought son the sale

Thanks for the response.

I certainly would expect nothing different from the new owners. After all,
looking at it from outside they see an ownership team that took Pitino's
mess and turned it into an Eastern Conference finalist. And superficially,
it's hard to argue that bottom line.

But those of us watching closely see a GM who has butchered every draft and
made what is widely considered a disastrous, short-sighted trade that has
crippled the team's flexibility for the next four years. We also see a coach
whose best decision was hiring the best defensive assistant in the game.
That's not a small point either. Obie had the foresight and was willing to
sublimate his ego to hire Dick Harter. And as Kestas says, he has a chance
to prove his mettle as a coach if he can incorporate Baker into this mix.
But I'm in the pessimistic group that says the trade will turn out to be a
disaster and the team will suffer for it. And that's when the window will be
there to make changes.

We'll see. This is a huge year for everyone-the captains included. If things
don't go well, the new owners could change management, and you never know
what will happen then.

Mark