Re: Thought son the sale

--- You wrote:
It seems likely that nothing will change this season. You have to think
they'll want to observe the operation before making any changes. I expect
they'll evaluate Wallace, Obie and the rest over the next 10 months.

Yes, I'm hoping they clean house after this season. Some of you will think
I'm nuts, but I still contend Dick Harter was the single most important
non-player in the organization last season. Wallace has been borderline
awful and Obie is a one-trick pony.
--- end of quote ---

I think we'll really get to see what  kind of coach Obie is with the Baker
trade. If he can keep Vinnie happy and producing, and diversify the offense to
fully exploit the new players, than he's more than a great player-relations
coach.

Wallace, on the other hand, should go immediately. That said,  I have a morbid
and unhealthy (for the team) interest in seeing how he does with (presumably)
lessened financial constraints of the new ownership - not that it can explain
screwing up the draft or anything. I know, I know, we were hoping for a huge
improvement from the "brain trust" when Pitino left, and look what happened.
And I won't even get into Pondscum.

Anyway, I'll have to uncork a good bottle of red tonight for this joyous
occassion...
Kestas