Re: HOOPSWORLD - Atlantic Predictions

someone may have pointed this out:

I'm all for writers/fans going out on a limb -- Wizards 2nd? Celts 6th? -- but mistakes like this always make me feel like guys like this are just picking stuff out of their rear-end:

Miami Heat: If there is any professional sports team you can actually feel
sorry for, then this is the team. How do you replace the heart of your
franchise and still hope to compete? And that is exactly what this team will
have to try and do in order to get themselves and president/head coach Pat
Riley back into the playoffs after the first absence in the legendary coach's
career last season. Riley said it himself last week during the press
conference which reviewed Heat center Alonzo Mourning's unfortunate situation
with regard to his kidney disease: "There is no replacing 'Zo." The real
question for the Heat though becomes whether or not Riley actually goes with
what he has been telling media in Florida since the news on Mourning broke,
and that is a wide open uptempo style which will cater to the strengths of
legitimate Rookie of the Year candidate G/F Paul Pierce and his considerable
talents.
Yeah they were both picked at #10 and both were expected to go much higher, but c'mon, Caron Butler is not even Paul Pierce circa 1999 yet. Sloppy writing.

- mark piotrowski
gainesville, fl

p.s. I was going to suggest Mark Jax after seeing the news that James Hill reported and would be ECSTATIC if we were able to sign him to a 1-year deal to bring the rooks along (too bad Joe Forte won't be one of them)....