Re: Some good Celtics news

I've always loved Mark Jackson's game. He is one of only a few "true" point guards left in the league. He truly looks for the assist first. A typical line that he would put up a couple of years ago would be 10 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds. If we can get that type of production and leadership, I say go for it. I think he still might have a couple more years of 30 minutes per game.

From: "James A. Hill" <jahill@leasingservice.com>
To: "Celtics \(E-mail\)" <celtics@igtc.com>
Subject: Some good Celtics news
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:19:32 -0400

Over at Hoopsworld.com they are reporting that Walker ahs been working out
with Jordan again.

"Jordan has been working out with several NBA players, including new good
friend Antoine Walker. "

This is, IMO, great news for the team as Walker coming into camp in shape
adds so much to the W/L column. Not to mention how learning from a winner
helps put goals in prospective. (I always wished that Walker had joined the
team when the big three were on the floor and wondered what that would have
done for his career.)

Also they are reporting that the really old, some say "over-the-hill",
washed up guy who has forgotten more about playing the point then our
current PG's probably have learned, combined, is about to be bought out in
Denver.

Mr. Mark Jackson may soon be available for short money and short minutes.
Seems right up our alley in a couple ways and could lend a hand teaching the
young guys as a 15 minute per game veteran leader/PG/positive attitude guy.

He gets to start the season as the #1 PG and lets the other two fight to
earn the spot. He also helps the other 4 guys on the floor recognize what
an actual pass is and why they should expect one if they are in position to
score. Plus he will pass to Baker in the post because he won't be
intimidated by the Captains calling for the ball out on the 3 pt. line.

I just don't see any downside to this move on a one year minimum contract.
Does anyone else?

<Jim