Re: The Price of Fear

    But, the jury got to hear her sworn testimony, and they are not stupid.  I predict
    that if the jury has not been tampered with, they will be convicted.  But, hey, I
    am judging by my experience with SC juries.  Maybe in MA they let gangstas
slide.>>Bentz

Was thinking of this while reading CeltsSteve's post, that the witness may have
understood that she  NOT helping the defendants by recanting.so blatantly.  By the
jury identifying her earlier testimony with her and her current statements, they're
likely to recognize the threats that have been made.  She's got to be punished, but
not severely, and the objective is to ensure her protection--it's the court's
responsibility.

If she'd never had had any testimony recorded, I'd say that she had shirked
responsibility, but that recounting of the night was pretty detailed and will be
corroborated in pieces, for example the stab wounds will be found to have been made by
the types of knives she described seeing.

I'm sure Pierce will be able to identify at least one of the guys, and that will tie
in the others even from vague testimony given this week.  Kind of hard to contradict
Pierce when you're 3 feet away.