Re: Celtics sign Tony Adams

--- You wrote:
Adams, who garnered little attention from college
recruiters out of Hylton and went undrafted out of
Hampton, passed up a marketing job at Frito-Lay and
basketball contracts offered overseas to pursue the NBA,
against the advice of his mother and agent.

"I went out on faith," he said. "Nobody expected me to
make the team out of Hampton. I fell through the cracks.
I was a player who had trouble making first-team all-
district in high school."
--- end of quote ---

That's an impressive resume. I can see why the Celtics' "brain[dead] trust"
jumped at a chance to sign this prodigy after only one workout (in which he no
doubt demonstrated his ability to run an NBA team by delivering pinpoint passes
to the courtside folding chairs).

--- You wrote:
Woodbridge head coach Will Robinson, who coached against
Adams in high school and is a deacon at Adams' church,
Ebenzer Baptist in Woodbridge, said Adams didn't make it
this far by luck. Adams, at 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds, was
a scoring point guard at Hampton. In postseason
tournaments and workouts, Adams drew plenty of praise for
his jump shot.

"Tommy shoots the ball extremely well," said
Robinson. "He has the bodyn and the athleticism [to make
it in the NBA]. Now he just eeds to work on the handle
and the ability to orchestrate a team."
--- end of quote ---

Great! Just what we were missing -  6-3 shooting guard who has trouble
dribbling, passing, and running a team, but otherwise is the perfect PG for the
Celtics.

Kestas