Re: Klez virus

Lance, I'm not sure what part of this you're not getting. Whether or not you want to believe it, you have a problem that you're making everyone's problem. And because of that, your joking in another post about the message with the forged Tammo header is even further out of line than usual.

First - the latest attempt to infest the igtc list (which strips attachments, so only the message made it through)  claims to be from CeltsSteve, but the source is YOUR IP address. The same one that was on this message. With the next relay in the path identical too. That IP and message path does NOT correspond to his email. Your machine is broadcasting the virus, not his. All of the KLEZ viruses I've gotten for the last couple of days have had your IP or a roadrunner one. And if I had to guess I'd suspect the rr sources are ones that you've infected just because of the timing and similarity of distribution.

Second, a one time check with some web based application is not the solution. Since you are clearly the source of the infected messages, it's even less of an answer if that check wrongly says you are not infected. You need to get the virus off your machine and you need to run an anti-virus continually -with regularly updated virus definitions- to prevent re-infestations.

You can take care of this yourself or I can start to post continual complaints to attbi to take you off line. Your choice.
And if it was me, I'd block you from posting until I knew this was fixed. I'd never do that for what you say, because I of good old Voltaire's line about not agreeing with a word you say but defending to the death your right to say it. This, however, is something else entirely. It's active abuse that can cause people real harm. .

Kim