Re: thank you list

At 05:46 AM 9/21/02 -0700, R Howe wrote:
>What I saw of Bremmer at shaw I liked, It seems he can handle the ball, and drive into traffic with composure an!
>d play decent enough Defense. I can see why the Cook experiment ended. I also liked what I saw of Forte. As a throw away in the trade makes made me cringe a bit.

FINALLY, someone else who seems to have seen what I did at Shaws re: Bremer and Cook. OBVIOUSLY a man of deep perception and wisdom <g>

As to Forte, there was talk that off court/attitude issues played a part from enough places that it may have credibility. Too young in a lot of ways. I also suspect that what they saw was someone whose primary virtue on display was his ability to get off his own shot in a position where he'd be competing with Paul for PT, making him relatively expendable while still someone with enough to entice another team as a deal sweetner (not necessarily throw away).

> Can anyone tell me who saw games last year if Delk has a chance to contribute like advertised before comming to the Celtics?

If he gets his shooting touch back, yeah. And he may - that could have mostly been a result of the change, inconsistent playing time, etc.  He's not even remotely a PG on offense from what I saw, but not bad on defense which is key here. And actually just SKIED for some rebounds and blocks he had no business getting. The shooting is what was advertised, so that's the key to whether he lives up to it. Vinnie Johnson the Microwave type role was the target and that's not impossible to see happen. Not that I'm holding my breath, but annoying as I found his play last season I still don't see that as impossible.

Kim