A lot to like in the Cs

I was so hard up for C's action I rewatched games 3 and 6 of the Net series.
I noted that Kenny and Rogers were on the floor for the last six minutes of
game 3 and Kenny, Strickland, and Rogers were on the floor during the final 6
minutes of game 6. Now they are gone. Kenny happended to have his best game
of the playoffs in game 6.

Other than the delirious attacks on PP, this is what everyone is focusing on.
Everyone is focusing on what we don't have. Yet, how about what we do have
now? People have assumed we won't get anything out of Baker, Delk, Shammond,
Kedrick or the ferners. Although he isn't dominate, Battie also had some
great moments and contributions in the playoffs.

The handwringers are losers. They have been losing so long that it is the
only way they can think. I grant that the Nets are the team to beat. I got
the Cs at no. 2. I see why people respect the Hornets since they are solid
top to bottom but stars win in this league. Baron Davis proved this summer
that he isn't a star. The only other sure things are the Raptors, Pacers,
Magic and Sixers. The Wizards, Bucks and Knicks are truly not that far
behind. All can put together a reasonable case on why they will be in the
playoffs.

Still every team including the Cs have question marks about them except for
the Nets. There really isn't that much difference in talent between 2-7.
Still, I think the Cs have the most talent other than the Nets. I think the
Cs can take them but they will have to show that they will be able to work
with a true post player (something they have needed for years and will
relieve Walker from some of his more ugly moments) and they can break a press
without a true point guard to date. Again, have we weighed the possible
defensive contributions of expanded minutes for Kedrick? How about the
improved fast break when you can lob the ball up to a guy who can finish in
Kedrick? You got to think that Delk can play a little bit better than he
showed last year because last year he showed nothing. Most of the year, Kenny
missed so many wide open 15 footers since the opponents were gambling off
him. If Shammond can just hit a few more than Kenny did I think we will be
all right in the point guard spot assuming he can get the ball up the court
in 8 seconds.

A new year and a new mix. I don't like how we got here but I am more
optimistic than I have been in the last eight years. I have to say I
impressed myself with my Eastern Conference predictions last year. I think
other than the Nets there is even more parity now which will make predicting
more difficult. We will have to see some preseason to see if any changes are
shaking out. More to come...

DJessen33