Re: Bremer will emerge

I actually posted some stats and profiles on JR Bremer
earlier. Some people are wondering why he wasn't even
drafted.

I'm afraid the answers lie mainly in his size and stats.

As a point guard, he averaged just 3.0 assists with 3.2
turnovers as a Senior. That's off the charts, but in a
negative sense.

He also took 18 shots a game, with 8 three point
attempts. That will stop when Paul Pierce chews him out,
I guess.

Bremer's not considered a great shooter, and his shot
selection was questioned.

For his career, he shot .403 from the field. Senior year,
he shot .413. He's a career .333 (.330 last year) on
treys. These stats came off the St Bonaventure team site.

Last time I pasted Bremer info, I just focused on the
positive stuff. Even his own Web site includes an article
that reports he was once arrested in college for stealing
and using another student's credit card.

All of this doesn't mean he can't play in the NBA, or
isn't a good kid. He's probably both of those things.

His stats and game performances remind me of BC's Troy
Bell, a Big East Player of the Year, who could be a first
round pick and NBA player one day. Bremer had leadership
qualities, starting with a strong work ethic and stamina.

But, as I say, there is a reason why JR wasn't
drafted...and why the odds are against him performing at
a high level for Boston next season.

My only gripe here is that the Shaw "tryout" was cut too
short.

How many games did Omah get DNP-CD's in? What was the
point of that? JR had one big game at the start of the
tournament, but did nothing special thereafter that shows
up in the boxscores.

Maybe O'Brien saw all he needed to see in the practices,
or off the court. Fair enough.

But this is a team that literally doesn't have a single
true point guard, yet they made Omar rot on the bench
rather than give him a tryout.

Well, I don't want to make a big deal out of it. Its not
a big deal. We're choosing here among bottom feeders
making the 350,000 minimum, so its hardly that big a
deal. I'd give it a few years.

I hope JR develops into another David Wesley. A self-made
NBA player who was tough and fit, but limited in point
skills particularly initially, who still managed to turn
heads early on and had a heck of a career. He was
impressive from day one for ML Carr.

Bremer could have that kind of career I hope. In terms of
being small and super athletic with no point guard
skills, Dee Brown also comes to mind.

But I only watched JR play once on TV, so I don't want to
rush to judgement. If he can help this year, that's great.

But his signing doesn't take Chris Wallace, and the real
powerbroker Rich Pond, off the hook just yet.

Joe

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?