Re: BBC Says Celtics To Sign Dejan Kurtorovic

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Josh Ozersky wrote:
> Wallace is crazy...he must think that muscle and toughness
> don't count for anything.  Why not just sign Travis Knight
> and be done with it?
>
> I am so sick of jumpshooting centers!
> Terrible signing if true.  We really needed that big animal from
> Argentina.

Actually, after hearing Ray's rumors about him visiting the C's, I
watched the gold medal game carefully(Kurtorovic vs Wolkowysky, the
Argentinian who definitely visited the C's).  Kurtorovic is not a
skinny jumpshooter at all.

He was the PF next to Vlade, played rugged inside and didn't look to take
shots this game.  Got offensive putbacks, and never took a long jumper.
Has long arms and is built closer to a Gugliotta than to Travis Knight.
Didn't seem like a leaper or standout defender and was on the bench during
crunchtime.

Both he and Wolkowysky(Nice jumpshot, and strong takes to the hoop) play
meaner than Songaila, but aren't even the third best players on their
teams.

I'd have Obie do interviews/meetings, before signing Rod (no heart,
sometimes skips practice) Strickland.  Look at Wash/Miami's effort/record
after he arrived.  A team takes after its point guard's personality.