Strickland & Euro-trash

Like Josh, I hope the Strickland rumors are true, but
I doubt them. I mean, why would you refuse to offer $1
million to Best and E-Strick, then turn around and
offer it to Rod? Unless they're really desperate ...
or unless somehow that's the least they can offer Hot
Rod because of his years of service (which seems
likely). If that's the case, would that contract end
up not costing the Cs any more than a $700K minimum
offer to the other guys?

I've had a lot of reservations about bringing Rod S.
aboard, but at this point he's clearly the most
talented PG available, and we'll need talent to
compete with Jersey et al. You'd think if choosing
between equal offers from Boston & Cleveland, he'd
side toward the Celts. If not, I think I'd still
rather see the Cs make a pitch for Greg Anthony
instead of these two Euro-Weenies whose names have
been bouncing around. I agree with Ray: if we're gonna
sign a big man who can actually play (Lee Nailon,
Popeye Jones, Darvin Ham, Grant Long, Gary Trent ...)
and free up E-Will or Battie for a trade, then fine.
But why sign some tall, soft stooge just to help
Sundov weight down the bench? Songaila could have done
that and might even have had an upside.

(Or how about Kendall Gill or Jim Jackson? They're
still around, and I'd much rather have them coming off
our bench than Les Grands Stooges D'Europe.)

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute