RE: Blame Jordan!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Jacobson [mailto:lancejacob@attbi.com]
Sent: September 11, 2002 9:10 AM
To: JB; Celtics' Stuff; celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Blame Jordan!

Getting traded that was a blow, especially since there's no NBA city farther
from his
home in Atlanta than Seattle.  The guy's just trying to cling to his pride,
when he
sees that the trade was made for a reviled player and his value as a PG
immediately
takes a back seat to one of the top three.  Don't you think he feels that
he's valued
more for his expiring contract as a player?  Can't feel too good for a
former All-Star
who did everything the coach asked and instead, two other egos controlled
the offense,
to great fan disdain.

* See here is one point where I disagree.  You are basing these comments off
of one year, this past season, from Kenny, obviously.  Because prior to
that, he did nothing to warrant the respect of his teammates.  In fact, the
term reviled may have been associated with his name in the eyes of his
teammates.  Those two other controlling egos, led the way to a conference
championship appearance.  I know that fact is not lost on you Lance.  It's
just that you never seem to point it out.  This team led by Paul and Toine
made great strides last year.  Kenny was a part of it but he is gone now.
Strick and Rodney are gone.  Therefore we gotta make due with what we got.
Time will tell if Williams, Delk and Bremer can do the job, but if anyone
among us can successfully predict the future, where were you last year at
this time, because I can't recall anyone saying we were gonna make it to the
conference championships.

Let's see where the chips fall.  I think Obie and Harter deserve a chance to
work with this team and see what they can get out of them.

Cecil