RE: [Celtics' Stuff HOOPSWORLD - Ravi

I agree. Every game I saw he carried the team. Just like in the NBA, if you
are a 1 or 2 man team you won't go far.

John

NEWSLINES

Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star suggests that Team USA would have
fared
much better in the Basketball World Championships if it had more players
like
Paul Pierce on the squad.

Peter May of the Boston Globe reports that among his Team USA mates, Paul
Pierce has quickly developed a reputation for being a selfish player. "Paul
Pierce isn't making a lot of friends on the United States team. He's
developing a reputation as a selfish player. He had one dust-up with Andre
Miller during the Argentina game and he threw a couple of williwaws during
the
Yugoslavia game when he was open on the perimeter and didn't get the ball.
It
was interesting to hear Miller say that Pierce was supposed to get the ball
on
the last two possessions of the Yugoslavia game but was unable to get open."

CeltsSteve

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Boston Celtics' fans; looking for inspiration,intellect and humor.

Subscribe:       Celticsstuffgroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com