[Celtics' Stuff HOOPSWORLD - Ravi

From: CeltsSteve@aol.com

[...]
Apparently that 'take over the game' mentality didn't sit as well with his
Team USA mates when, according to published reports from the Boston Globe,
Pierce got into a tiff with point guard Andre Miller during the Argentina game
and later voiced some displeasure at not getting the ball when he was open
during the final possessions of the game with Yugoslavia. [...]
You know, it'd be a lot more convincing if these "Team USA mates" (who are so irritated at Pierce's ballhoggedlyness) could consist of more than just Andre Miller, himself the man who hogged the ball so well during the end of the losses. It reminds me of Walker being the "most despised player in the NBA" based on Tim Hardaway's (iirc) dislike of him. One guy and one conflict is enough for many sportswriters to latch on to and make it a feature of the whole story, but I haven't seen anyone but Miller complaining. One man does not a groundswell make. And most of it based on Peter May's stuff in the Globe? Case in point.

Bird