> ---------- Initial message -----------
(snip)"Meanwhile for assists,in his 213 minutes he got
35, while Andre got 37 in 198 and Baron got 36 in 187.
With all that shooting (he took 111 shots, next guy took
94 in more minutes.  Only Andre turned the ball over
more, as well--18 to 17."

---

Lance, I'm wondering to what purpose you chose to
highlight the stat (pasted above) demonstrating that Paul
Pierce actually had a better assist-turnover ratio
(slightly) than the starting USA pointguard, Andre
Miller?

If you are saying that Paul Pierce will never be a good
NBA pointguard, I'm still with you. Definitely true.

But it seems like you applied these stats to further an
argument singling out Paul Pierce for blame in the
tournament. You may recognize that such an argument has
some holes.

FWIW of course, I think some of your posts are thoroughly
interesting, but I also feel some posts (not all) can be
unnecessarily (or deliberately?) extreme, to the point of
losing all persuasive influence. Maybe this was one
example. No big deal.

Joe H.

p.s (Don't read if you don't like preaching) but I think
the current controversy is more that you've slipped in
some wholly avoidable personal-sounding jabs at list
members in the course of addressing basketball-related
opinions, and now its escalated further even though both
sides, hopefully, recognize how tiresome it is.

Not entirely tiresome (some of it makes me laugh out
loud), but I doubt any of us need to see it continue. Its
avoidable, certainly. Soon they'll be actual substance to
discuss. I'm looking forward to this season, like none
other in recent memory.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?