This is not to say Pierce should have had a place on the All-Tournament
team.When your team comes in 6th you don't deserve that honor.  It's simply to
point out that he did play extremely well.>>Tammo29

The above quote is from Tammo, in case Bird is having trouble seeing the text,
and the italics and the >> marks I'm using.

Tammo posted earlier tonight, bird, and I'm responding.  Got that?

Pierce didn't play well.  He shot a lot, and shot well from 3pt land.  Shot
foul shots like my grandmother, (67%)and she died three years ago.
Understandable, because he got 58 foul shots, the next guy on the roster took
22.  Guess he lacked opportunities.

 Played no defense, as Karl was questioned on his leadership before the
qualifying games, and responded that he was a good "offensive player".

Pierce got a lot of assists.  Pierce also played nearly entire games when the
starter, Reggie Miller was sidelined with injury. Pierce never left the three
point arc without the ball  in any of the five games I watched, so it's
natural that he'll get the ball from the PG when a big guy's not open.  Of
course,  I'm starting a Tonya Harding investigation into Reggie's injury, but
it'll take a while to get Nancy Kerrigan's testimony.  Meanwhile for assists,
in his 213 minutes he got 35, while Andre got 37 in 198 and Baron got 36 in
187.    With all that shooting (he took 111 shots, next guy took 94 in more
minutes.  Only Andre turned the ball over more, as well--18 to 17.  Next guy
had 10.  Not exactly glorious.

He shot three pointers well.  Only 3 guys shot worse from 2pt range.  Add that
to the foul shots and lousy defense and his "extremely well" rating is
suspect.