Re: Fw: [Celtics' Stuff from hero to goat

Thank you, Cecil!  My feelings, exactly!
Dorine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cecil" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: [Celtics' Stuff from hero to goat

Gee, I don't know.  I'd say that the general feeling on this list B.L.
(before Lance) was that Pierce was good for the Celtics.  Maybe now though,
you have convinced some that, in reality, PP doesn't give a hoot about
winning a damn thing.  That perhaps he is a statistic-driven.  Someone who
refuses to play defense and hogs the ball without ever getting an assist.  A
player who will not grab rebounds or help out on defense.  He could be a
real monster who stomps on puppies and steals his colleagues' lunchmoney
also.

I don't think many here believe that...and though your effort is valiant,
you are not going to enlighten folks in the manner it appears you are
trying.  A player doesn't come back from a life-threatening injury so he can
yell at his teammates.  The progress this guy has made during his first few
years in the league has been outstanding.  Tmac, by comparison, barely got
off the bench during his first season and played a little more during the
next.  Everyone knew he had spectacular skills, but it takes time to mature
to a level which is acceptable to the many knowledgeable Celtics fans.  Paul
has not finished maturing yet but then neither have some of the members of
this list who resort to namecalling and cute little references to people's
names, etc.

The fact that Paul Moriarty is allowing you to continue in this vein may be
temporary, and I have been told that you have inundated other lists with
your "insight".  But others in this house have solid basketball pedigrees
and offer their views without causing such foolishness.  Is that your
intent?  To create hard feelings with individual members?  You came in here
taking shots at Tammo.  Called her a "he".  For what purpose?  Why?

If you are going to stay here, please just talk basketball.

Cecil