  From: Lance Jacobson [mailto:lancejacob@attbi.com]
  Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 3:43 PM
  To: James A. Hill
  Subject: Re: Re: Top Five Most Important Things For The Celtics This
Season

  That's why he's still in the league.  There's always someone who will say
"it's not his fault, it's the systems fault".  He will continue to be the I
GET MINE NOW leader.

  Please, but that's just nonsense to say he is a symptom and not one of the
problems.  (Not a personal attack on you, btw.) To defend Kemp who has
always been about ME NOW and rail against those following in footsteps, but
without the hard drugs/booze doesn't make sense.

  To each his own opinion.>>Jim

  You're missing my point.  He's not good for the league, he's a bad
example.  He's cost his teammates money.  No question.

  But there's a difference between being a loser and a destructive guy.
What's wrong with the league is the guy who attacks others, who blames
others and uses his size, strength or position to intimidate others.  Kemp's
not that guy, although there are many in the league.

  Again, he's not a good role model.  But the expression "poster boy for
what's wrong" isn't accurate.  He's not at the end of the BAD spectrum.
He's hurt every team he's been on by being less ready to play and less
focused.

  If he were a drug DEALER, I'd come down on him harder than you do.  Our
laws make him a criminal; I don't agree with them.  The violent, predatory
criminals in the league are far worse . .and better examples of the poster
boy you are writing about.

  You may disagree, of course.  But when you talk "worst case", I take
exception to you using Kemp.  For example, Robert Parrish bought illegal
drugs that were delivered FED EX to his house.  He was arrested for beating
his wife.  To my mind, that makes him FAR more the poster boy that you
suggest.

  How do you like THEM apples?