Re: more pack journalism

 I also think it is unfair to throw stones at these guys who only have a short
time to mesh as a team when other countries have their guys playing together
much longer. >>Cecil

Cecil, it's TRUE that they've had less time to prepare
than the opposition.  It's also true that our entire team is black.  So what?
We're supposed to be better, were highly favored and that's who came into the
tourney.

Tell you what:  I'll take our talent plus some real desire against Argentina's
talent and their intensity.  Same with all the other teams.  Just like in the
NBA, when the Celts lose to Chicago they are quick to say that if they don't
come ready to play, any team can beat them.  I'm sure it's said in most NBA
cities after losses to the cellar-dwellers.

Let's get serious here.  Sure, if our guys practiced fundamentals, sent our
best players AND gave full effort we'd win.  I'm saying that we only need to
do ONE of those things with the talent we have.  Right now, the only thing our
squad can do is try harder, and I think that's what we'll see.  And I think
that we'll win the rest of the games . . .with these guys.

 Go for the percentage shot.  Make the extra pass.  And guard your man, fer
chrissake.

Why is it that, facing a Latin team, the USA is the one playing Ole defense?