Could an all world team compete?

Someone on the list was saying the international players aren't really
catching up because even an "all world" team would have no chance of
staying within 20 pts of the U.S. if they sent their best players:
Shaq, Duncan, KG, Kobe, Kidd.

I would disagree and say that a healthy team of
Ilgauskas,Divac,Ming
Gasol
Nowitzki,Kukoc
Stojakovic,Kirilenko
Nash,Parker

could compete with the best from the U.S..   The 5 starters are
better than alot of U.S. allstars.  They'd be favored over the current
team USA.

Vlade did a better job on Shaq than Mourning or any American center.
And anyway, I believe the U.S. players above, were defeated by Iverson's
mini-mite eastern-allstar squad a couple of years ago, so our 5 megastars
aren't invulnerable.

I think the media is right on, when they say the International
players improving talent pool can eventually get some team a win over
America.