more pack journalism

Could anybody be lazier or stupider than basketball writers?
I think I've heard for about the four-thousandth time that "the
world is catching up."  The foreign teams are better than they
used to be, and so the best of them stay in the game against
borderline all-stars for three quarters.  Can anyone possibly
think that even a world all-star team could stay within 20 points
of this team:

C:  Shaquille O'Neal
F:  Tim Duncan
F:  Kevin Garnett
G:  Kobe Bryant
G:  Jason Kidd

with Allen Iverson, and the current US starters coming off the bench?

Amazing the received wisdom you hear.