Paul Pierce taking charge at the World's

Shaq who? Ray Allen?

Nope. Paul Pierce. This is the player who is energizing the US team at the World Championship. It's just sad that the seats are nearly empty. They're missing some fun games. Yes, I know the US is a nearly prohibitive favorite. But the other teams are making some fine showings.

In the midst of this, we see Paul Pierce getting in shape before training camp even starts. When the other US players look a little flat--even bored in a couple of instances--Pierce looks fired up. I'm looking forward to what he'll accomplish with the Celtics during the upcoming season.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle