Re: more pack journalism

Well, I'd have to say after tonight that New Zealand's answer would be 'AAAAUUGGGHHHH!!!"

Ouchie, what a game. For just over a half, the Kiwis kept it close. Then Paul Pierce said, "Oh, yeah, the three point line is way in there...". And once again, a "borderline all-star team" that realistically took the whole first half to get it out of first gear suddenly hit warp zoom.

I think, at least in Pierce's case, the "borderline" description is not a good fit.

Though he really, really needs to work on his free throws. I thought he was giving his impersonation of Shaq... :>)

As far as your question of who's possibly lazier? I'd go with the baseball people. I kept hearing about "history making deals" and last minute agreements. Like it's somehow a good idea to keep everyone wondering if you're going to finish the professional season until two hours before the deadline. Gah. I know there's probably some baseball fans here, but I'm not among that much-abused membership. I seriously considered giving up pro basketball after the lockout. If that sort of foolishness happened every few years, I'd have changed sports ages ago. My sympathies to the baseball fans out there.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle