Re: Feeling Optomistic.

From: JB <jimmetz@xxxxxxx>

	So much for the maturation process. When your "point guard' shoots
5-23, with 4 assists, you are in big trouble. We'll see how this plays
out, but if Walker wants to continue to control the offense and expects
to take 20-25 shots a game, this team will suck and Vin Baker will
never be anything more than the 56 million dollar "rotation player," as
the team sinks to "lotteryville."
Geez Louise, Jim. I got home from work, and checked the score of the game. Needless to say I was ... displeased. I haven't watched the tape yet (waiting for the pizza to get here), but I did see some stats on NBA.TV. Maybe I shouldn't comment until I see the game, but I will say that you're worth more than this sort of game-by-game extremism you're doing. I tried to say that in a nice way because you and I are buds, but you're jocking Walker, praising him, saying he's finally achieved "star status" or what ever we should call it, after one game. Then, when he has a bad game (and by all accounts it was a bad game), you're all over him like a cheap suit. C'mon, you've watched Antoine for years. He has these bad games, especially against Chicago. Is it frustrating? Yes. Is it lame that it happened in the season opener, especially when the C's need a good start? Sure. But it's an 82-game season. OK, he only had 4 assists, but he had like 11 rebs, didn't he?

Look, I'm not apologizing for his game, because I haven't even seen it, and maybe there are no redeeming qualities to this one, rebounds notwithstanding, but my point is, he's not a team cancer that's going to kill the team with his infectious ballhoggedlyness based on one freaking game. Wait the whole season and then tell me that :).

And I'm never convinced with "If ... then they will suck ..." kinds of statements. Watch Antoine take his 18-23 shots a game, and watch them do well. You're entitled to bitch and moan after a lame loss, as we all are, and as we all do from time to time, but, like Cecil, I'll be right there to point out Walker's outstanding games, as well. Of course, apparently, so will you ... .

Walker did rebound better, but he is a fat head, who wants the ball in
his hands and may kill the team doing so, if he doesn't think pass
first. 5-23 indeed!
"Fat head"? C'mon, JB, you're better than that.

(I know I can talk this way to JB because he'll take it in the lighthearted way he knows I mean it, but I still wish I had time to pretty it up a bit, but the pie's here, the game's a-waiting, and I've got to be at work at 8am tomorrow. This loss is a real kick in the nuts, though. I'm sure watching the game won't help much, but whattayagonnado?)

Bird