Re: Win Prediction

At 02:23 AM 10/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Offensive boob?  No problem, I've been called worse.

I've seen some of your posts.  I can believe that.

>It's good to know that
>you update your site before, after and during games, coffee breaks and runs
>through the park.  We'd never have known.

Yes, it IS good that I update when I can in a timely manner.  That's what I
think is the right way to do things where there is literally daily news
concerning the subject of the site.  Do I mention every update?  No.  But I
have made it a point to mention the site for reason of the
predictions--there are people just coming back onto the list from the
offseason, and people who have only recently joined at all.  It's fun for
me, and for at least some of the other people on the list.

Certainly, it's a lot more fun than reading post after post about Kenny
Anderson, who isn't even on the team, anymore.  Like anyone else who might
be tired of any particular thread, I just move along to the next.

I do the CBW for two reasons--one, because I like doing it; and two, to
give something back to the list that has given me a source of
Celtics-related news.  I choose to incorporate it with something else I am
a fan of, and that is Snoopy.  I think Charles Schulz was the best
cartoonist in modern history.  I found a way to combine two things I enjoy,
and make the site a little livelier than some dull, statistics-driven place.

I like being relaxed online.  I have enough hassles in real life.  If you
have a problem with my posts, just read the next one and stop driving
yourself nuts.  I don't ask everyone to stop yakking about Kenny.  I just
choose not to participate in that thread.

Part of that relaxation is updating and (hopefully) improving the CBW.  I'm
proud of it, though I'm fully cognizant that A) it's a small site, and
probably very unpolished compared to what more experienced people do for
their sites; and B) not everyone gives a damn.

I like what I'm doing, and your personal comments to me aren't going to
embarrass me into changing my ways.  Like Harry Chapin once said, "It's
amazing what you can accomplish if you're not afraid to look like a horse's
ass."

Looks like neither of us has any fear.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the Celtics Beagle Website at
http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html