Re: Kenny Could Be Brought Back From The Dead

----- Original Message -----
From: Lance Jacobson <lancejacob@attbi.com>

> Wonderful post.  They had to throw Pitino out of town on his ear before
that
> bum would leave town, and Kenny came here with a pretty nice salary for a
> guy who couldn't play, huh?

I'm sorry, I must be missing something. You aren't actually arguing that
Kenny has a big contract therefore he's good, are you? Juwan Howard? Vin
Baker? Keith Van Horn? Lance......"overpaid."

> Maybe he WILL give up some salary to play the game again, not for a coach
> who likes three point shots and turnovers rather than passing and
position.

Lots of three point shots but not much passing? You mean Jim O'Brien, right?
He certainly wouldn't want to play for a coach like Jim O'Brien.

> Kicking and screaming?  Sounds a lot more like Captain Pierce when he
> doesn't get to take the final shot.  Kenny was never given a chance to do
> what he was hired to do until Obie got here,

Wait a minute, which Jim O'Brien are you talking about? The one whose
system - all those three point shots, not a lot of passing - Kenny wouldn't
want to play for, or the one who actually gave Kenny a chance to do what he
was hired to do? Kenny was also hired to do something in Portland. So whose
fault was it that he never got around to getting it done? How many times
last year did we hear Kenny say that he finally understood that he had to
give up a part of his game for the team? What took him so long to figure out
that "his" game was never that good. You would've thought the parade they
held out here when the Blazers traded him would've given him a clue.

>and everybody agrees he was the
> third most important player on the team last year.

And Lance, I wrote that last year "Kenny had his one final decent year," so
I agree with you and everyone else. Kim summed it up best when she wrote,
"And IMO, he still dribbled too much and shot too much too often last year,
he was just so much more effective than anyone else we had and had
controlled the bad tendencies enough that he was cut some slack about it."
That's one year out of six...seven? What happened during all those other
years? Was there somebody forcing him not to give up part of his spectacular
game? If I remember correctly everybody in Portland kept begging him to do
it. Anyway, given what was posted online recently by that fan in
Seattle....same old Kenny.

>You like what you're
> seeing on offense?

Nobody liked what they were seeing on offense last year. In this preseason?
After last night's game sure. But it's still only the preseason. If you're
asking me do I think this team will score more points and shoot a higher
percentage, that is, be more efficient with Delk and Williams at the point
this year? Absolutely. Kenny's gone. Life is good.

Paul M.