The trade happened 2 months ago.  Its time to get over it and move
forward.  if we really want Kenny Anderson back, I'm sure we can get him
next year for a fraction of his current contract.

I rooted for the Celtics during the John Y Brown era, and I'm certainly
not going to bail out now.  Doesn't really matter whether it was a good
trade or a bad trade anymore, since the blame will be laid at the feet of
Gaston who is long gone.

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 GuyClinch@AOL.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> > > He also was not a great point guard in running the offense.  He was
> > certainly competent, which we cant say at this point about the current
> > Celts
> > PGs.  However, after scoring a few buckets he tended to get too big for his
> > britches.  He also fell into the category of PGs who would rather
> > dribble/shoot than pass - leading to numerous missed opportunities for easy
> > hoops.   One thing I will say about him - he ran the break very well imho.
> >

> Well I don't like the trade either..
> Its not that Kenny was so good its that Baker is so mediocre, and we are
> paying way to much for him. It would have been smarter to trade Kenny for a
> few cheap "mediocre" players rather then sink it into this vaunted "low post"
> threat. The low
> post game is so overrated by this list, IMHO. Battie is twice the player
> Baker is with
> our current point guards.
>
> You need a guy like Kenny to make a low post threat work. I mean come on he
> set up Battie and Potapenko regularly and those guys don't even have a low
> post game!
>
> Odd trade. I would have just held on to Kenny and let his contract expire, if
> we couldnt find a few suitable players for him.
>
> I have read over the CBA FAQ and I still think that such a move would have
> benefited our team. I don't understand why we needed to "use" that salary.
> Couldn't we have just signed a free agent the year after?
>
> Also I just miss Kenny's game...
> He didnt just rely upon athleticism..but was a real old school point guard
> out there...
> He was tricky and smart. He reminded me of Sherm Douglas some..the last
> decent point guard we had before Kenny.
>
> Pete

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu