Hello all,

> > He also was not a great point guard in running the offense.  He was
> certainly competent, which we cant say at this point about the current
> Celts
> PGs.  However, after scoring a few buckets he tended to get too big for his
> britches.  He also fell into the category of PGs who would rather
> dribble/shoot than pass - leading to numerous missed opportunities for easy
> hoops.   One thing I will say about him - he ran the break very well imho.

Well I don't like the trade either..
Its not that Kenny was so good its that Baker is so mediocre, and we are
paying way to much for him. It would have been smarter to trade Kenny for a
few cheap "mediocre" players rather then sink it into this vaunted "low post"
threat. The low
post game is so overrated by this list, IMHO. Battie is twice the player
Baker is with
our current point guards.

You need a guy like Kenny to make a low post threat work. I mean come on he
set up Battie and Potapenko regularly and those guys don't even have a low
post game!

Odd trade. I would have just held on to Kenny and let his contract expire, if
we couldnt find a few suitable players for him.

I have read over the CBA FAQ and I still think that such a move would have
benefited our team. I don't understand why we needed to "use" that salary.
Couldn't we have just signed a free agent the year after?

Also I just miss Kenny's game...
He didnt just rely upon athleticism..but was a real old school point guard
out there...
He was tricky and smart. He reminded me of Sherm Douglas some..the last
decent point guard we had before Kenny.

Pete