From: "Sean Giovanello" <vze238de@verizon.net>
To: <Celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Kenny Anderson

> I dont know if I would ever compare Kenny Anderson to a diamond.   Kenny
has always been a talented but underperforming player when you consider that
talent.  Even in his rennaisance year with the Celts (where he bought into
the system, the role, and tried), his defense was subpar, especially against
quicker guards (Kidd eat him for dinner in the playoffs).

> He also was not a great point guard in running the offense.  He was
certainly competent, which we cant say at this point about the current Celts
PGs.  However, after scoring a few buckets he tended to get too big for his
britches.  He also fell into the category of PGs who would rather
dribble/shoot than pass - leading to numerous missed opportunities for easy
hoops.   One thing I will say about him - he ran the break very well imho.

> I dont really miss him.  The team might as the season progresses, but if
you think that if Kenny were here Vin would be getting the ball on time and
target when he set up on the block - I dont see it happening.

> Hopefully OB will force the entire team to realize that their rise and
fall depends on how they work Baker into the offense and help him help the
team.

> > From: "Dan Forant" <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
> > Date: 2002/10/22 Tue AM 06:49:15 CDT
> > To: <Celtics@igtc.com>
> > Subject: Re: Kenny Anderson
> >
> > Anderson had a much better fit with the Celts. We needed his scoring and
he
> > enjoyed it. It's part of his personality. Without KA we weren't headed
> > anywhere, possibly not even the playoffs at the 8. I wished for a KA
trade
> > after the season and got it. However, I did not expect to trade a
diamond
> > for glass. We mostly got a bunch of crap. Suffering the season again
with KA
> > would have been better if we knew the end result of these awful
> > transactions. I believe the spirit of Pierce and Walker has been broken.
> > They will hurt the team development more because they have to hog games.
> >
> > DanF

When