Re: Re: Kenny Anderson

At 08:40 AM 10/22/02 -0400, Dan Forant wrote:
I have no illusions of KA's talent. He was average at best compared to the
League. My point was he did for us what he did. He was our 3rd scoring
option. We still are stuck with shooting guards and no one with real proven
point skills.

DanF
Yeah, but Dan, if you're honest about it, the description you forwarded of Kenny in Seattle is pretty close to the description of almost all of Kenny's time with the Cs and elsewhere, *except last season*. And IMO, he still dribbled too much and shot too much too often last year, he was just so much more effective than anyone else we had and had controlled the bad tendencies enough that he was cut some slack about it.

Given his history, there was no real reason to be comfortable that the more effective Kenny would return this year even if he was still here. And don't get me wrong, I want a real PG making the decisions more than most. I agree with your having an issue with us only having guys playing the point vs having someone who really IS a PG, which there's no denying Kenny is.

Kim