Re: Chad Ford

At 07:26 PM 10/18/02 -0700, Peter Delevett wrote:
>I'm sure Joe's right that Parker and Tinsley wouldn't
>have gotten much PT under O'Brien.

Ya know, I really don't get this. JJ certainly got lots of PT -including as a starter- before he played himself out of the rotation, and that was after a number of decreasingly effective games, not being pulled on one bad performance. So I just don't buy this O'B refuses to play rookies line that almost everyone seems to spout. Not just you Peter - you just provided a needed opportunity to vent. Seems to me more likely he had valid reasons NOT to play the ones he didn't (I can offer a bunch of likely ones) and that would follow with anyone else. Parker and Tinsley would have played.

>Anybody think Baker might not be struggling quite so
>much if we had a PG who knew how to get him the ball?
>I'll spend all year wondering what Travis Best might
>have done ...

Absolutely. It's not exactly a new point, although it doesn't get enough play. Does anyone seriously think O'B doesn't really want a true PG vs is just putting the best public spin on the situation/avoiding embarassing his co-captains.

Kim