Re: Chad Ford

Hi Pete:

Its good to see you posting again. It wasn't clear why
Chad Ford listed the 2001 class in that order, but it
doesnt take genius to assume it will change drastically
over time. I still like Curry and Eddie Griffin, for
instance.

As for the two pointguards listed near the top of his
list (Tony Parker and Tinsley), if I'm not mistaken
Brevin Knight and Bobby Jackson both got off to great
rookie seasons a few years back (the year we drafted
Chauncey I think).

Sometimes a player just ends up in the right situation,
and makes the most of it.

Parker landed in an astonishingly ideal situation, just
like Shammond Williams and Bremer this year I might add.
Tinsley had to beat out Best, but had an ally in a coach
who would appreciate his style more.

Personally I think the jury is still out on Frenchie and
Tinsley Town, for various reasons.

Call me crazy, but had they been drafted by the C's at 21
instead of Forte, I think they might have seen their
style of game reined in big time by Obie, Walker and
Pierce. Plus they don't defend or shoot particularly
well, so there go the minutes.

I'm not sure they would have had an opportunity to play
much and win accolades had they been drafted earlier at
21 by Boston. But the draft is, ahem, not my Forte. I'm
just guessing really.

Personally I wouldnt want Boston to trade for either, at
this stage. I doubt it would work.

Joe

p.s. BTW, Chris Wallace said the other day that Boston
can draft a good point guard next summer. He also said he
hopes Philly finishes 9th in the playoff race. But
looking at the college hoops magazines, I don't see any
of the depth or talent he's talking about.

Factoring in that it always looks bad at this time of
year, it still looks like a weak draft to me. Im not
sure there is even a Troy Murphy or Michael Bradley
caliber big man in college hoops. I hope the Euros will
come save the day again, but after this summers fad-like
splurge on Euro teens I wonder how quickly that talent
pool can replenish itself. And I've seen lots of European
basketball in the last eight years. Its not played at a
high level. Overseas American players dominate the top-
ten stat tables. No one is more surprised than me at how
quickly Pau Gasol turned into a player.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?