Kedrick News

If there is any bright spot on the Celtics preseason to
date, it is the surprise double-figure bench scoring of
Chris Wallace summer pickups Shammond and (the one-
dimensional) Bruno Sundov.

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, but obviously if
they keep it up, that's HUGE. I'd give it a 50% chance,
maybe less. But Bruno seems as one-dimensional as Zhi Zhi
Wang, and possibly not even as talented IMHO. He's also
young though, and playing like a first rounder.

It looks like Vin Baker will be Boston's new sixth man.
He's not looking good at all, but we know what he can do.

I hate to admit it, but so far its NOT just the coach's
fault that he's played poorly. The 48-year-old Dikimbe
basically has overwhelmed him, as did the big Bulls
frontline.

As for the rest of the current C's bench, there is good
news on Kedrick Brown in today's Herald.

Incidentally, we also asked Chris Wallace if Kedrick's
injury was anything like Battie's 40-game injury of two
years ago, and he said no and that Kedrick is a young guy
who will probably recover fast. He has very positive
things to say about Kedrick, which Josh O. might want to
report on. Nothing worth stopping the presses for, but he
likes the guy as much as the Nets like Richard Jefferson.
I doubt he's looking to salary dump him, like Joe Forte.

Anyway, here's what the newspapers have to say about the
Celtics man child.

Go Celts!

Joe H.