From: snoopy1@pig.net
To: celtics@igtc.com, Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Last nights game
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:45:15 -0400

I read both. Your brief review of the Celtics is harshly critical of their
offense, yet to my mind it's the defense that failed them--especially last
night. I'll chalk that up to different minds.

But your comments about Kenyon Martin bother me. You went up to him after
the game and openly suggested he should get both his legs broken. And you
seem surprised that he took verbal offense. You called him a "thug", and
even described the situation as "funny". I disagree. There's a lot of
people--in and out of the NBA--who, if told they should break both their
legs, would give you a demonstration of how painful broken bones can be.

Even presuming you were "only kidding", your comments, I think, were way
out of line. Don't forget, there's a lot of people who say--and do--such
things seriously, every day.

After that, I don't think you have a fair rationale comparing Nets players
unfavorably to Celtics players. After all, how do you think say, Paul
Pierce would react, if a Nets fan walked over and yelled that next time he
got stabbed, he should twist around so they can get him from both sides?

It's NOT funny, Shawn. it just isn't funny at all. It's cruel and
offensive, and not at all what any fan should be doing to ANY opposing
player. Frankly, you owe Martin an apology, in my opinion.

Snoopy

At 10:13 AM 10/18/02 -0400, Shawn Niles wrote:
>To read my assesment of last nights game, go to www.sportsscene.blogspot.com.
>
>I also had a verbal altercation with Kenyon Martin which resulted in him
>challenging me to a fight. Funny stuff. Read about it at
>www.sportsscene.blogspot.com.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the Celtics Beagle Website at
http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp