Re: the next level

The intelligent beagle has touched on one of my bugaboos; free throw
shooting.  But we are not shooting nearly as bad as he suspects, yet.
Methinks it will improve as the season unfolds, but here is what our core
players have done thus far:

Pierce: 14/16 = 87.5%
EWill:  9/11   = 82%
Vinny: 7/10   = 70%
Bruno: 5/7     = 71%
Toine: 4/6     = 67%
SWill: 5/6     = 83%
Delk:  2/4     = 50%

I think Delk's percentage with definitely rise and the rest of these guy,
who I think will get the vast majority of free throw attempts, doesn't
completely suck.  There is room for improvement, sure, but it ain't as
dreadful as you thought.  If we shoot in the 80's as a team, we'll win alot
of games from the line.

We are averaging 107.5 ppg which most surely will not continue.  But isn't
it unusual for a team who has been outrebounded in 2 games, to be averaging
a double-digit margin of victory?

With respect to Kidd, my hope is that for the first time, he will have to
concentrate on playing defense on his man, instead of helping out where is
able to be very effective defensively.  If Delk and Williams are able to
make him work on D, it could make a big difference, no?  He may try to post
our guards up but I would rather have him do that, with our D helping out,
than have him with the ball in the middle on a break.  I just don't think he
is that good a shooter.

Cecil