Re: Making Tommy Heinsohn happy

<< I'm nervous that what O'Brien is saying seems to be two completely
different things.  In one paragraph, he's talking about fast breaks and
easy layups.  The next, about using the three.  Same team, same game. >>
-Snoopy

Struck me the same way. How can you have a running game without
rebounding? Also, Obie seems to be using the starters in one way and
VIN BAKER AND THE SECOND STRINGERS (sounds like a rock group) in
another way.  Why not play Baker with the first unit in these exhibition
games if that is where he will be playing come the season?  Battie is
already familiar with the starters.

Speaking of Battie, I like him.  I think our fans underestimate his
contributions to last season's success.  Maybe the new center coach can
teach him how to box out.  He is a better defensive player than Baker and
who knows, if Obie called more plays his way he might well be Baker's
equal in scoring stats. As is, both their latest (01-02) stats and even
their career stats surprisingly aren't that far apart. Baker just shoots
more.

01-02
AVERAGES    BAKER   BATTIE

G           55      74