At 06:31 PM 11/25/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Now I always liked Battie..I told you folks he could play...
Battie to me..is a guy who made more of his talents.
I've always liked Battie, even back in the day when he was showing up twice out of every 5 games. You could see the talent to become what he's become - a solid defensive center. The only great trade Pitino ever made - Banana Boy for Battie. Logo must've been drunk when he said OK to that trade.

 Someone like McCarty
should actually be better then him..but just didn't bother.
That's what kills me about Waltuh - his refusal to work on his game and his body. When I see him in the preseason games, I get the sense that he hasn't touched a basketball all summer long and is just re-acquainting himself with the game. By the end of the season he finally gets more comfortable with the basketball. As for weight-training and nutrition, don't even get me started. That's just a plain lack of professionalism. Yeah, he's doesn't miss practices and games, and is 'always ready to play', but being a professional is more than just doing the bare minimum. With Battie, EWill, Toine, Paul, you can see the impromevent every year. They add something to their game, they become stronger, better conditioned. Even Pot showed improvement despited his lack of gifts for basketball. Not so with Waltuh. He's the same ol' Waltuh, just a bit smarter because of his experience. Same horrible shot mechanics, same high, awkward dribble, same emaciated teenager's body. I appreciate his enthusiasm and defense, but he could be so much more with those athletic gifts...Can't luv guys like that.
Kestas