RE: Paul Pierce

You forgot Rule #4.

As has been stated by others Lance, Paul has areas of his game to improve.
I am willing to see if he works on it or not.  You have your mind made up
already apparently.  Cool.

Troting out Delk's stats are useless and I'll tell you why.  You attribute
his shooting increase to what?  I attribute it to the fact that he has had
an entire preseason and his stint with the team last year to become more
familiar with his role.  He didn't hit these shots last year, and in fact,
many on this list wanted to dump his ass.  Now listen to you talk about him
in glowing terms.  Were you so willing for Delk to hoist shots last year?
You weren't involved with this list at that time, so maybe others can
support your claim, whatever it is.

In the game vs Jersey when Delk and Shammond each had 21 points, do you
recall who it was who got them the ball?  Toine had 7 assists while Paul had
6 and 13 boards, of which 4 were offensive.  Most folks would call that a
pretty good team effort.  Do you?  I doubt it.  You force yourself to find
something to cite as cause for Paul to be sat.  You cannot have it both
ways.  Obie has stated that Pierce and Toine are the scorers.  When other
guys step up, that is wonderful, for surely the captains need the support.
But your harping on one thing (Paul)is pointless.  Why not harp on Battie
for rebounding less than Paul in that game.  If he truly wanted to help the
C's, should he be our leading rebounder in EVERY game?  That would be an
equally foolish question.

Cecil