Re: [Celtics' Stuff Celtics/Hawks review

At 10:58 PM 11/24/02 -0500, Lance Jacobson wrote:
>Hey, Snoop, before your next cookie break, PMS break or "free to change my
>mind break",

Just to clarify, I'm not eligible for a PMS break.  In case anyone was, you
know...wondering.  :>)

>I'll send the following message.  Pierce is still and egotistical jerk,
>who's either in a slump, a furrow, a ditch, a rut, a hollow or a gutter.

I'd ask how low you can go here, but the irony might be lost on you...

>  Choose the word, but he's being defended as a scorer, and not responding
> by passing but by shooting bad shots.  So, save your cookie from your
> next cookie break and stuff it up his a**.

This in a season where his assists stats went UP.  And I would never waste
a cookie that way.  I wonder why you feel a need to advocate such a violent
action.  What, did you bet the house on Pierce?

>  Hope I'm being clear here, Cookie man.  The guy thinks the team revolves
> around him and he's being snuffed.  We're getting to the point of trying
> to figure out if the team can withstand his passes, since we can't stand
> his shooting.  Hope I'm still being clear.  Ultimately, for 40+ minutes
> per game, he's a liability.

You're clear.  Wrong, but clear.  What's with this "we" business
anyway?  When I agree with you,  I'll let you know.

>  Need another cookie break?  Feel free.  You don't have to apologize for
> the guy, but don't call him a passer, dribbler, defender or shooter, at
> least not at those percentages.

Well, Gee, you must think Coach O'Brien is an unmitigated idiot then, to
keep playing him, instead of yanking J.R Bremer off the bench and having
him start in Pierce's place.

>  Have another cookie and find a hydrant, Snoop, if you can't hold your
> water.

Lay off the personal cracks, Lance.  Lest I decide to waste a cookie in a
way you won't find comfortable.

>  The guy is a selfish pain in the ass and he finds one guy per game to
> embarrass and has ended up on the weak on of his taunts.  My grandmother
> has shot a better percentage, and boxed out her man more often.  Time to
> jump off the bandwagon and start driving the collection vehicle for the
> dog pound.  This guy's a stray.

Well, hey then--call grandma up and tell her Obie has a job for her.  At
least she'll only get the League minimum and that'll free up cap room.

I don't mind so much that you don't like Pierce--I don't even mind that you
don't seem to have a coherent reason for it--sometimes people just rub you
the wrong way, or something.

But you're taking it to an unreasonable extreme and compounding your
offensiveness by attacking anyone who disagrees with you.  I've run into
that sort of thing before, and I've never been one to play target for
someone's inability to debate something without taking personal
potshots.  If you can't communicate without being so rude and nasty, then
don't bother to communicate at all.

I'm not insisting that you "see the light" and become a member of the Paul
Pierce fan club.  Do me the same courtesy and stop badgering me to agree
with you when you KNOW that's not going to happen.

There's a BIG difference between having differing points of view and
turning an intelligent, entertaining debate into yet another useless flame war.

Far as I'm concerned, THIS discussion is OVER.