Re: Gaston and the 12th man

Yes it does, Neal.  In for a penny, in for a 230lb temp.

After drying my eyes over Eggy's soap opera, as I wrote much the same a few
weeks ago when wondering why Chris "Open your" Wallace didn't know the
Rodney constraints, didn't know the Lux Tax threshold, didn't know Gaston's
position, yet still put the Celts right on the curb while bringing in three
unprovens when he had a glut of FA's available and a little excitement in
Omar Cook or Khalid "Don't call me Idi" El-Amin.

Pretty easy to toss Pierce that Max contract in an era when the belts are
tightening.  Both NY and Portland have learned that money alone can't buy
success, but Cuban's shown that it sure helps.  Unless Stern tweaks the
system, constraint is the order of the day, yet the Celts DO have the three
max guys and yet don't get much from the third--certainly not worth
stripping a roster for Vin.  The issue isn't whether he's better than
Vitaly, it's whether he's better than Vitaly & Kenny.  Right now, the
answer's NO, and right now the team needs bodies, and $$ relief.

Not getting a draft pick and not getting relief from Vin's ugly contract (if
Seattle's willing to give
$6M against Kenny's deal, what would they have paid to get rid of Vin?)
just keeps showing me that the PapiWallace are complete knuckleheads.
Meanwhile, the team is getting entrenched in the perimeter game that, at one
time, was an option but has now become the rule for the Celts.  Will the
zone rules show Obie to be a genius, or will our future rest on two shrimps
popping from the corners?