Culpability - Gaston or Wallace?

> We view Gaston as Scrooge because he would not allow us to sign Rogers
> to anything more than a vet. minimum contract. Yet I wonder at what point
> Wallace realized that ... before or after the JJ trade?

Good point Eggy, one that seems to get overlooked in the stampede to push
Gaston out the door. I find it impossible to believe that at the time of the
trade Wallace did NOT know that the budget would prevent re-signing Rogers.
IIRC I think at the time it was made Wallace even pointed out that the trade
would lower the payroll in the short-term. Yet by taking an unprincipled
refuge behind the universal loathing of Gaston Wallace has once again
successfully evaded responsibility for his own lack of judgment.

(I have no sympathy for Gaston - the guy has been an unmitigated disaster,
but as Eggy points out in the past it was not so much due to his
unwillingness to spend money as foolishly entrusting the direction of the
franchise to "flim-flam" men. When you stop to think about it ML and Pitino
actually had quite a bit in common in that respect. It makes me suspect that
Gaston, like so many who are placed in - rather than earn - positions of
power, was very susceptible to brown-nosing.)

-TomM