Selfish, self-centered, and really, really dumb

I'mm talking, of course, about Shaquille O'Neal.  This brave fellow has
finally given his possible consent that he might return to his struggling
team after the obviously devastating surgery on his toe.

And the team against whom this would-be dominator will return to play against?

The Chicago Bulls.

Gee, Shaq, why not wait another week, and you can debut against the Grizzlies?

I just don't believe he's getting away with this--it's his way of getting
attention.  The struggling Lakers are currently 3-9, with only Memphis and
Denver posting worse records.  suddenly, he plans to come back so he can
"dominate".  I'd say the only thing he wants to dominate is his next
contract negotiation.  He wants to be the Savior of the Lakers.

Phil Jackson should bench his egotistical butt until December, and then
make him play backup until he shows some desire to play.  It's a colossal
waste of talent when Shaq decides he's not going to bother playing in the
early part of the season--he'd rather "save" himself for later in the
year.  We can expect him to pull this garbage again sometime shortly around
the All-Star Break, so he can then try to work the playoffs--the only
problem is, their record doesn't warrant a return to the playoffs.

If he truly makes such a difference--and if he really WANTS to be perceived
as making a difference--then he should have hied himself back to the court
two weeks ago.  It's not like he'd have to do much save clog the lane most
nights.

But that selfish, arrogant fool thinks he can take it easy and then win anyway.

I'm not sure which I'd like more--

1. Lakers miss playoffs due to poor early season record.
2. Lakers get blown out early because they never play well as a team due to
Kobe being exhausted from being overplayed early and Shaq taking half the
season to get into playing shape.
3. Boston Puts the Lakers firmly in place by decisively winning Banner #17.

Yeah, I like #3.

I may not like Walkers shot selection, and lately, Pierce has been
sputtering on offense.  But they're better, and more dedicated, players
than Shaq will EVER be.

Give me, even on their worst nights, Walker and Pierce.  At least I know
they really want to be there.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the Celtics Beagle Website at
http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html