Phil Jackson - average Coach

Thought that I would vent a little.

Jackson after years of having the horses finally has to Coach. Ain't easy when
you don't have Shaq or Michael. Even with the greatly hyped, but very good
Kobe alone, they can't win. I for one always thought that football Phil as a
Coach was very overrated and so far he is proving it. Bottom line,  it is
tough to Coach without the players, even in a watered down league. As far as I
am concerned he is no better a Coach than O'brien, Brown or Scott or most of
the Coaches in the League .Just as an aside, what did Pat Riley win, without
Jabbar and Magic. Put Shaq on the Celtics, who is going to beat them. Put Shaq
on the Bulls, who is going to beat them. Put Shaq on the Knicks, who is going
to beat them. Christ, Shaq took the Magic to the finals with only Hardaway on
that team. Catch my drift. Without Shaq there he is just another Coach. It has
always  been the players and will always be the Players. Bore Gore could coach
the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe and those role players and win an NBA Championship.

Just got sick of  the world Canonizing Jackson as the greatest coach ever. He
may not rank in the top 5 or 6. Just for the record, my top 5 or 6 in no
specific order are Auerbach, Holzman, Larry Brown, Riley, Hannum and Wilkens.

Hart