Re: [Celtics' Stuff Howdy Pilgrim - NY Post

> {"It's one of those situations like a gunfight - where you walk into
> town
> and everybody clears out except that one person," said Scott,
> visualizing
> the Nets' visit to Boston tonight. "When you step on the floor, you
> just
> think of that other person in green and white that's across from you.
> You're gonna either win or lose."}
	Byron Scott, as quoted in the "NY Post."

{Even so, O'Brien took the party line, claiming that the Nets
represented just another early-season opponent.
''We've played 10 games, and I think each game to me is a gauge of
where we are,'' said O'Brien. ''Sometimes I'm happy with where we are
and sometimes I'm not.'' }
	Jimmy O'Brien, as quoted in the "Boston Globe."
		**********************
	Interesting contrast in styles, from the coaches . While O'Brien has
his team calm and uninterested in making any more than just another
game with a division foe, Scott, the veteran of several finals
confrontations with the Celtics of the Bird era, has his players
whipped and lathered, for a fight to the death. A lot more is at stake
for the Nets, than just position in the standing and a glimpse of the
teams progress, so far in the season. He's taking it as a personal
challenge to his and his players manhood.
	Not only don't we have much toughness on this roster, we don't have a
three point shooting center to draw Mutombo away from the basket
(should O'Brien have been giving Sundov some minutes, to be ready for
this game?).
	While O'Brien thinks this game will be won with defense, I doubt it.
As everyone has said, over and over, no one can stop Jason Kidd.  	My
opinion is that this game will be won by the team that wants it more.
The team that fights for loose balls, rips those rebounds out of the
sky and if the Celtics have a chance tonight, it will be because the
captains look for their teammates, early and often  to shoulder the
scoring load, while they are expanding their energy on defense and
rebounding.
	Wanting to win, means a lot more than just expending the effort, it
also means being unselfish.
	Just because the Nets are making a lot of noise, doesn't mean I give
them the edge in these considerations. I remember another great John
Wayne character, in the film ; "The Quiet Man."
	Let no one question the heart of Jimmy O'Brien, or the will to win of
Pierce and Walker.

	JB

	Unchain My Heart !