K.Brown out again

The new injury occurred Friday morning in practice (see
AP story below), but apparently wasn't reported until
today.

So we have an eleven man roster (and no scouts) for
another month of the season. Given the lux tax situation,
as described by Peter May on Sunday, things don't look
too bright on that front.

At least its nothing serious (hyperextended toe), but it
looks like we won't be at full strength until the new
year. In the meantime, I hope Kedrick reconsiders his
current shoe deal.

Poor guy. Last year's sprain probably cost him not only a
starting job but probably also the NBA slam dunk contest.
And this year's injuries must be even more personally
frustrating, what with so many kids from his draft class
finally making an impact in the NBA throughout the league.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/322/sports/Brown_out_anoth
er_month_with_t:.shtml

Brown out another month with toe injury
By Associated Press, 11/18/2002 14:41

WALTHAM, Mass. (AP) Boston Celtics forward Kedrick Brown,
who missed the season's first 10 games with a sprained
ankle, is out another month with a hyper-extended big toe
on his right foot.

Brown, who was activated last week, hurt his toe Friday
morning during a pre-game practice when he stepped on a
teammate's foot.

Coach Jim O'Brien planned to use the 6-foot-7 Brown as
his first player off the bench at small forward or
shooting guard. That means less rest for Tony Delk and
Walter McCarty, O'Brien said Monday.

In preseason, O'Brien hoped Brown would become part of
his regular playing rotation. But the 11th pick in last
year's draft from Okaloosa-Walton Community College
sprained his right ankle Oct. 10 in an exhibition game
against Chicago.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?