Tabak on Pitino

Interesting statements by Zan Tabak in an interview:

You played in the NBA under Rudy Tomjanovich, Rick Pitino, Isiah Thomas,
Larry Bird... Who would you choose if you had to choose one?

ZT: If you need somebody who has to teach basketball, I choose Rick Pitino.
If you need somebody who has to lead a team, a veteran team, I choose Rudy
Tomjanovich.

Two of the coaches you played for, Rick Pitino and Isiah Thomas, are
controversial characters. Let's start with Pitino. He didn't live up to the
expectations in Boston. What do you think was the reason?

ZT: First of all, Pitino is a great coach in my opinion. I think he made
some wrong basketball choices during his time in the Celtics and he paid for
that in the end.

Which choices?

ZT: I think choices scouting players. He made picks on some wrong players.

Any player in particular?

ZT: I'm not going to mention anybody in particular, because that's a past
time. I'm not anymore in the NBA and I don't want to go that way. But he
made some wrong choices about players. And when you make three or four wrong
decisions in the long run you are going to pay for it.

Read it all at http://www.hoopshype.com/interviews/tabak_sierra.htm

<Jim