Re: Nice win.

In a message dated 11/13/2002 11:52:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mbyrnes@Stanford.EDU writes:

> 4) Led by Eric Williams(!), who had 10 boards, the Celtics outrebounded
> the Sixers 49-37.

Years ago a young Billy Martin was known as "Casey's Boy" (Casey Stengel was
his manager at the time). You could call EW "Obie's Boy" except it would be
politically incorrect and not taken in the same spirit as with Martin. But
when Obie was desperate for rebounding it was EW who took a HUGE step up. EW
has been an invisible rebounder since rejoining the Celtics but he has
completely changed that and made it a priority during our win streak. Let's
hope it continues. I was one of EW's critics and I still cringe when he
shoots threes but if he can chip in 6 or 7 rebounds per game I can appreciate
him more.

George