Re: Marks got points

Thanks Tammo, your analysis was awesome. For one thing,
it reinforces my strongest impression that Delk had his
worst game in memory, but he'll bounce back hopefully.
Sometimes its unfair to get an assignment on a guy when
he's already red hot.

On the other hand, I felt that Houston and the Knicks
were actively taking advantage of the size mismatch once
Obie went with Delk. That was frustrating (because Boston
should have been pulling away at that stage).

Ultimately, the whole Celtics team shares the blame, and,
as you hint, that probably includes the coaching staff
and management.

We really don't have a backup shooting guard or small
forward, other than Walter McCarty at both spots. Even
Joe Forte (hey, he's still 6-4) might have been a 25 mpg
7th man on this team, given our injury situation and lack
of heads up play on the second unit.

I've never really thought about it until now, but I
seriously doubt that Paul Pierce is disliked by his
teammates, or has given off any vibes to make them feel
that way.

But I guess that will be the latest insinuation.
Everytime Pierce talks about the "team" and team-based
goals, he's actually shirking personal responsibility.
Whatever, right? I'm growing tired of it and I bet others
are too.

Following the NBA as a fan, I see so many other stars
with much louder "me first" personas. They make no
apologies about it, yet the fans still give them love and
paper over flaws. Pierce and Walker act like Eagle Scouts
in public, and give back to the community.

Boston's just a really tough town. Walker went through
it, and Pierce might go through it too.

Anyway, I certainly appreciate both the captains. I like
their competitiveness even more than their talent. They
are big reasons why the Celtics are still my favorite
team.

Thanks again for that breakdown. A lot of us watched the
game no doubt, so we can confirm the general breakdown on
scoring. Some didn't think or assume so, but I thought it
was obvious that Houston was scoring mostly against guys
other than Pierce. Whoever plays defense is going to win
the next game on the schedule, that's one thing for sure.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?